[Gllug] ADSL Modem recommendations

Adam Bower abower at thebowery.co.uk
Mon Mar 17 20:41:36 UTC 2003

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 10:11:43AM +0000, Tethys wrote:

> "Andy Farnsworth" writes:
>
> >I have just signed up for BT ADSL Broadband.
>
> My commiserations. Still, it's done now, and there's no point crying
> over spilt milk...

you can cancel it within 14 days of activation, I am in the position that our
new phone line doesn't like adsl so we are going to have to order a new exchange
line from BT with the proviso "for bt broadband" and they will make an attempt
to make it work (we are within 4.5km of the exchange") and if they fail give me
my money back. Of course after activation I will use the 14 days grace to cancel
and get broadband from a provider who has actually heard of static ip addresses.

Of course if BT were not so rubbish they would try and make my current line work
and if they succeed I would quite happily pay them more money, ho hum.

Adam
jabberid = quinophex at jabber.earth.li
AFFS || http://www.affs.org.uk/ || Not a filesystem

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk