[Gllug] RPMs and Rsync

Mick Farmer mick at dcs.bbk.ac.uk
Fri Mar 7 09:15:57 UTC 2003

Dear GLLUGers,

I have three identical machines that run RH 8.0 with
upgrades using RPMs.  Would it be possible to make one
machine the master (i.e. only apply rpm updates to that
machine) and keep the other two in sync using rsync?

My worry is that RPMs do more than replace files and that
rsync might miss something.  Perhaps there's something
better than rsync that I've not thought about.

Regards,

Mick               /"\
                   \ /
                    X  ASCII Ribbon Campaign