[Gllug] Multiple Monitors with RedHat 8.0

Steve Nicholson yahoogroups at yoursolutions.com
Fri Mar 7 16:33:58 UTC 2003

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 02:34:32PM +0000, Tethys wrote:
> I personally don't think Xinerama's a win for most uses, and I tend
> to agree with the decision to have it turned off by default. Since
> I run my heads at different resolutions, Xinerama's not ideal anyway,
> and the only downside is that you can't drag windows between screens.
> But I haven't really needed to use that anyway, though that may just
> be a function of the way I work (one screen for daily use, one for
> monitoring).

Must admit that I couldn't figure out how to get anything on the second
screen and Xinerama solved this for me.  I often copy/paste between
screens not sure if this is possible with out Xinerama.  I do often drag
windows from one screen to the other so I can easily read one item and
reference to other screen so I guess I need Xinerama anyway.

Steve

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk