[Gllug] Networking SUSE and Windows

Tom Trainer tomtrainer at bigfoot.com
Fri May 9 17:55:38 UTC 2003

I have a Compaq running Windows with a cable modem internet connection,
and a Dell running SUSE Linux.  I can ping the Dell from the Compaq and
vice versa, and I have pinged external IP addresses from the Linux
machine via the Windows machine.  However, I cannot get any connection
to the internet with Konqueror or Kmail.

When I do a route, I get
Destination        Gateway           Genmask          Flags    etc. etc.
192.168.00        *                       255.255.255.0    U
etc. etc.            eth0
default               Compaq.msho   0.0.0.0              UG       etc.
etc.            eth0

and when I do a traceroute, I get as far as 192.168.0.1, and then it
just shows me asterisks on all subsequent lines.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?