[Gllug] DTI/Government Open Source Software consultation

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Fri May 16 17:56:25 UTC 2003

On Fri 16 May, Richard Jones wrote:

> On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 09:26:29AM +0000, Chris Bell wrote:
> >    I have sent two short emails to Dr Lee Vousden giving some information
> > about OSS, and have received in reply an invitation to attend a policy
> > discussion at the DTI building, 1 Victoria St, pm 15th May.
> >    While I am able to attend, I am by no means the most expert member of
> > this group. Would anyone more qualified than myself like me to ask for
> > another invitation? I have no idea how much space will be available, or
> > whether a larger hall would be available if neccessary.
>
> How did this go?

   Sorry about the delayed reply, there are random incoming delays on my
emails at present.

   It was a long and interesting discussion, we have been asked not to
attribute any comments to any person present, but points of view were
generally as may be expected. There way be further similar meetings once the
results of this meeting have been assimilated. Anyone who would like to
contribute any more comments and information should send them to

caroline.halcrow at e-envoy.gsi.gov.uk

Reference: Open Source Software discussion.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk