[Gllug] javascript - followup re Tet's post

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Thu Nov 20 10:08:17 UTC 2003

Tethys wrote:
> will writes:
>
>>[0]<troll>although bandwidth does seem to be much more expensive when
>>you read plain text email only, in a hand-cranked MUA</troll> ;)
>
> No, but not everyone will be reading email on a high bandwidth link.
> Consider a PDA connected via a GSM phone.

You reminded me of a guy that still uses BBC micros and doesn't put a
space after punctuation because it wastes space.

If I was using a PDA or a GSM phone to collect my email I would make
sure I had some sort of system in place to deal with large emails, or I
would accept the consequences.  I am not going to start complaining
about the excessive number of linebreaks in emails if I am limiting
myself to a one line at a time email reader.

Will.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk