[Gllug] Fibre attached SCSI Drives - Qlogic 2100 & Chaparral K7413

Andy Young andy.young at bbc.co.uk
Fri Nov 21 18:58:20 UTC 2003

Hooray ...

I did have a logical disk defined, but your responses pointed me in the
right direction.

The LUN of the adapter was 0 and the LUN of the logical drive was 1.

Unfortunately the OS will not pick up the disk if its LUN is higher than
the HBA's LUN, so I swapped them around and now all is fine and dandy:

SCSI device sda: hdwr sector= 512 bytes. Sectors= 483583360 [236124 MB]
[236.1 GB]

:))

>By the way, can't you use a later Redhat version and supply the driver
>at boot time, and then  compile ap your own kernel with that module?D

I might give that a try but as I couldn't get it to work with a system
that is supposed to support it, I thought I'd better walk before I can
run!

Many thanks for all the responses,

Andy.

Andy Young