[Gllug] [OT] Largest mailbox EVER!

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Tue Nov 18 09:25:34 UTC 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Tethys wrote:

> Of course, the annoying thing was that the information content was minimal,
> probably around 500 bytes at most, and would have been far better served by
> a few lines of plain text email. Needless to say, my attempts at education
> fell mostly upon deaf ears...

This is why it is really important to ensure the necessary user education
*before* widespread deployment of such systems.

If the system is just made available the most stupid people in the
organsiation (usually the ones at the top) will assume that they can do
any daft thing they dream up.

In fairness to such idiots they are not aware of the issues involved so
it's not reasonable to expect them to avoid such errors unless they are
properly educated in the first place.

In the past I've found it useful to draw up some basic
"permitted use" guidelines and have them distributed as an addendum to
peoples terms of employment. Doing this at the outset means that you get
management approval and you're able to enforce the limits.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   1Mb ADSL Broadband - just £27.50 / month
                            + Free Activation on all ADSL services

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk