[Gllug] [OT] Largest mailbox EVER!

Alan Peery peery at io.com
Wed Nov 19 13:07:02 UTC 2003

Ian Scott wrote:

>We all work on thin clients (Windows Terminal Services - don't ask), with the
>office PC in a data center in London, and all us users in St Albans.
>

>So, someone tries to open one of these emails, and it all has to travel from
>London to St Albans down our puny ADSL connection.

I don't follow.  If the server running the thin client lives in London,
why do your emails have to travel the network?  Did they put an email
server in St Albans, when the  terminal services main server is in
London?  If so, that seems daft.  The email server should be next to
your main hosting box if you're running true thin client....

Or are you running Outlook on your local PCs?

Alan

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk