[Gllug] [Fwd: Server]

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Mon Nov 24 08:31:34 UTC 2003

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003, Martin A. Brooks wrote:

> I routinely use both IDE and SCSI in mission critical systems, the choice
> for SCSI usually revolves around the number of disks that are going to be
> hooked up to the system. That said, 3ware's utterly stunning RAID cards
> soon makes this point moot.

Do you get similar performance from an IDE RAID array on one of those
cards to that you'd get from a SCSI based array based upon a decent card?

How many users is this supporting and what is the usage pattern like - how
many simultaneous users hitting the filesystem?

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   1Mb ADSL Broadband - just £27.50 / month
                            + Free Activation on all ADSL services

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk