[Gllug] Re: Email delays

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Thu Oct 9 09:47:23 UTC 2003

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Richard Ibbotson spake:
> Wondered why my workstation was working overtime :)  My mail.info logs
> show SpadderAssassin doing double time.

SpadderAssassin?

> This afternoon it just went completely balmy. Nothing but hard disk and
> memory crunching away at spam.

You are running spamd I assume.

(And using -m {something sane} if you have limited memory. You really
don't want SA instances to push you into swap; you'll be thrashing
probably forever as new mail comes in faster than SA instances can eat
spams and die...)

--
`If you want a vision of the future, it is a wireless broadband network
 feeding requests for foreign money-laundering assistance into a human

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk