[Gllug] Oracle and Linux

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sun Oct 26 08:47:45 UTC 2003

On Sat 25 Oct, James Bromberger wrote:

I did this as an exercise back in December. Debian/unstable && Oracle
9i. Get the right libraries behind it, and it all worked. Took about a
day to figure out. I then presented this Pentium III 1GHz or so box to
our Oracle DBA team, who said they were impressed with the speed of it
(rivaling the Sun E10K's we had).

But, as someone else points out, if you're paying for Oracle, you
probably also want their support, and back at that time they didn't
support use on Debian, just RedHat.

   I understand that the person who asked is knowledgeable about Oracle on
M$, but would like to try Linux, so I am passing on any information
received. Thank you.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk