[Gllug] [OT] TFT Monitors

French, Alastair Alastair.French at racalinstruments.com
Wed Oct 22 10:39:56 UTC 2003

Hi all

I'm looking for a TFT monitor to go with my new workstation (SuSE 8.2) and
the server (also SuSE 8.2) via a KVM. My only real preference is that it
must be 17" or greater at a reasonable price.

My choices so far are the LG L1710B, Philips 170B4MG (both 339.99) or the
Iiyama Prolite E431S (321.95). All of these are both analog and DVI input.
The only real differences I can find are:

               LG         Philips        Iiyama
Brightness    250 cd/m2   260 cd/m2       250 cd/m2
Contrast      450:1       400:1           450:1
Response      16ms	  <25ms           16ms

The Philips also has the tilt screen (probably only supported under windows)
and some height adjustment. The LG does not have audio (not really required)

I don't have a problem paying for any although the Philips I can get on 0%
credit which is always a bonus.

Does anyone have any of these and can offer opinions. I can'd find many
reviews / opinions relating to the Philips or the Iiyama, but plenty on the
LG all of which are good.

Thanks

Alastair

This email and any attached files are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual/s or entity to whom it is
addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify:-
postmaster at racalinstruments.com.

Racal Instruments Wireless Solutions Limited.
An AEROFLEX Company. Visit our website at:-
http://www.aeroflex.com/riws/

This footnote also confirms that this email message has
been swept for the presence of computer viruses.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk