[Gllug] Yet another M$ worm!

Paul Weaver iso at isorox.co.uk
Tue Sep 23 01:57:25 UTC 2003

On Monday 22 September 2003 11:18, you wrote:
> Don't get too complacent. Linux is just as vulnerable to this type of
> attack.

I doubt many linux users would fall for an email from Linus patching the
latest kernel - however I do worry about a (man in the middle?) attack on
debian's apt servers. I just run apt-get update && apt-get upgrade every so
often, if someone had cracked the servers a lot of people would get infected
before reading the usual sites/email lists.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk