[Gllug] External Modem

Anand Kane anand_kane at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Sep 6 13:03:46 UTC 2003

Hi,

After trying out Linux for many months I want to use it as my main OS on home PC. i.e. I want to browse internet with Linux. As always, my vendor PC has a winModem (Smart Link 56K). I tried to get the driver that the manufacture made available but couldn't get it to work. So now I just want to buy an external modem which is compatible with Linux and be done with it. Any suggestions for model and where to buy would be great. I would try out any <£100 USB/PCI modem which works with RH9.0.

thanks,
Anand