[Gllug] E-Monty not for us :-(

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Fri Sep 5 11:20:41 UTC 2003

On Fri 05 Sep, John Hearns bloviated thus:

> I saw the writer of 'The Full Monty' on the BBC this morning,
> promoting his new film http://www.thisisnotalovesong.com/
> which is beaing released on the NEt ans to give cinemas today.
> Sadly the site says needs Windows Media Player. Grrrr....

"World's first online feature film"?  I think not!

Interesting that they say "Accessibility for all" but don't mention
accessibility for people not running WMP9.

It will probably be possible to play in Mplayer, but will no doubt
require some hackery.  Probably end up being done in some braindead
embedded (and patent infringing?) player in the web browser, which
means you'll have to look at the source, find the REAL URL for the
movie stream, then plug that into mplayer.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

 "TV is chewing gum for the eyes."