[Gllug] Dual monitor problems with ATI Radeon

James Bailey baileyj at bournemouth.ac.uk
Tue Sep 23 13:50:09 UTC 2003

Hi

The other day I finally bit the bullet and move my main development/work
machine over to Linux. Having run linux on a second computer for many
years.

Firstly, a little about the computer...home built P4 2.53 - 1Gb RAM with
a ATI Radeon 9000 dual head graphics card running 2 x 17" AOC TFT. Under
M$ XP dual head works well, ATI's own drivers run very well even under
games (second monitor goes a bit odd some times when playing CS but thats
another story)

Installed Redhat v9, it picked up the Radeon no problems and X runs, but
with both monitors being a clone of each other (no much help ;)

I found some stuff on the net regarding Xinemana and edited my XG86Config
accordingly, still the same result both displays are the same.....

HELP!!!

Has any one got a simialr setup to work with an out the box install of RH
9.

many thanks

James
--