[Gllug] Backup Software for Linux?

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Wed Apr 7 13:44:54 UTC 2004

On Wed 07 Apr Andy Young wrote:
> Tapeware?
> Arkeia?
> Arcserve?

No idea about any of the above.

> Roll my own with AMANDA & MTX?

That's what I use, and it's pretty good.  I had to write my own mtx
controller glue on solaris to work with an L1000 array (which has 30
tapes and two drives), but it works fine with dinky autochangers.  The
debian amanda packages are very good, mostly, unless you want to get
through firewalls.

You might want to look at Bacula too, though I've not tried it.

doug.

--
   http://adju.st   | "the animals looked from pig to man, and from
6973E2CF: 2C95 66AD | man to pig, and from pig to man again: but already
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk