[Gllug] natwest fantasticness

David Irvine maillist at glasgownet.com
Tue Apr 6 10:36:54 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 12:19, Robert McKay wrote:

> > > Really?  How often does anybody check your signature?  One time in 50 if
> > > you're lucky.
> >
> > Too right.  *ANYTHING* is more secure than a signature.

In Spain, you habe to have photo id, you still have to sign, I'm not
sure if it had a big effect on fraud.  It still wouldnt stop people
skimming the card and transferring the data onto a new one in their name
which I think is quite common.

Chip and pin might not be secure, but its probably a lot better than
signatures for the short term.

I guess what we really need is iris, or finger print recognition,
something that is tied directly to you, that is very hard to copy in
such a way which isnt blatently obvious.

David

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk