[Gllug] please help a total newbie... Desktop error.

daniel.booth daniel.booth at linguaphone.co.uk
Thu Apr 8 13:59:10 UTC 2004

Richard Jones wrote:

>On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 05:42:25PM +0100, daniel.booth wrote:
>

>>had a go at:
>>
>>strace -o /tmp/log nautilus
>>

>>here is result...
>>
>>[root]# strace -o /tmp/log nautilus
>>
>>** ERROR **: file nautilus-directory.c: line 546 (add_to_hash_table):
>>assertion failed: (g_hash_table_lookup (directory->details->file_hash,
>>file->details->relative_uri) == NULL)
>>aborting...
>>

>>still the same as before..
>>

>Yeah, and now read the rest of my message, specifically the bit about
>actually looking at /tmp/log.
>
>Rich.

Thanks for your help Rich,
being a total newbie,  i have to admit i see the log but..
it really means nothing to me.... like i said before i am a "total" newbie..
and now one without a desktop... heh..
I really don't want to go back to Windows Xp (urgh) and would give my
right arm to fix this but it looks like it could be
a bigger problem than 1st meets the eye.
I have had Will look at it and he has no idea what is wrong and he was
not able to fix it either.
He suggested submitting a bug report but the site is not exactley the
easiest of sites to fill in and submit the relevant information.

If anyone has any further suggstions please email me ASAP..  the thing
that makes this hard for me is it is my work desktop too
so it is kinda critical i get it back.

thanks

Dan

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk