[Gllug] [ OT ] Raritan Z-series Z4200U KVM switch

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Wed Apr 14 10:47:01 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 11:04, Tethys wrote:

> Well, yes. Except that they're now being expected to do more than the
> relatively simple jobs for which they were dumbed down in the first
> place... without giving them the facilities needed to do the job
> properly.

Depends what you want from commodity computing :-)

This is a good thread though. Linux has recently got a lot of the
'enterprise level' features which have been worked towards for some time
(I made this comment at the last GLLUG).
Features like LVM and journalling filesystems.
PCI hotswap is coming.

What features do we think are missing?

I think many features are there - we ship servers with dual PSUs and
dual mirrored disks. We don't do BMC management cards, but the slots are
on the motherboards.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk