[Gllug] Wheel Group

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Fri Apr 2 09:22:11 UTC 2004

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 10:17:39AM +0100, Richard Cohen wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Apr 2004, Mick Farmer wrote:
>
> > Dear GLLUGers,
> >
> > On some flavours of *NIX, you need to me a member of the
> > wheel group in order to "su" to the root account.
>
> Ahem...
>
> http://hegel.ittc.ukans.edu/topics/linux/man-pages/man1/su.1.html#toc4

Well, that was the early 80's, when (by & large) computer users were responsible people
and certainly would not do anything to damage any one else's files/...
But having said that, RMS's attitude was naive, even for those days, and is certainly
untenable now.

--
Alain Williams

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

FATHERS-4-JUSTICE - Campaigning for equal rights for parents and the
best interests of our children. See http://www.fathers-4-justice.org
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk