[Gllug] Hylafax problem

Simon Perry gllug at si-designs.co.uk
Mon Apr 19 14:02:20 UTC 2004

Charles Holtzkampf wrote:

> Hi
>
> Need some assitance please.
>
> I've just installed Hylafax 4.1.8.
> I want to access the hylafax server from a windows box using a hylafax
> client. The problem I have is that I get denied access.

<snip />

> Ran the faxadduser command and it automatically placed an entry for
> the user charlesho in hosts.hfaxd
> Charlesho:203: encrypted password created by faxadduser
> Telnet lcoalhost 4559
> Use charlesho
> Acess denied
>
> What am I suppose to do , its gonna make me go insane.

Faxadduser is the correct way to add users to hylafax but it is unlikely
to be your problem.

Have you added the IP address of you windows client to hosts.hfaxd? Have
you got a firewall of any type running on your hylafax server? If you
are still having problems post again with the contents of hosts.hfaxd,
IIRC the rule order can also effect things.

Simon
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk