[Gllug] Writing C

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Tue Aug 17 15:23:01 UTC 2004

"Nordlund, Niko" writes:

>VNC. I would like to give a "thin client" a go. Obviously on local network
>we have enough capacity to run X window, but going to another continent
>would need something else.

NX. At the UKUUG conference in Edinburgh, one of the talks had a slide
show (either OpenOffice or magicpoint, IIRC). Only at the end of the
talk did he say "oh I forgot to say -- this is running on a machine in
Italy, and remotely displaying to this laptop using NX". It was a very
impressive demonstration of long distance remote displays.

	http://www.nomachine.com/

Not sure how much you get with the free version, and what you need to
buy the commercial version for.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk