[Gllug] Recommended console-based server monitoring tools

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 17 22:26:00 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 21:53, Tom Schutzer-Weissmann wrote:

> I was thinking more of something that would run in the
> background and give me a long-ish-term analysis...

You could try looking at LRRD, which stores numerous system parameter
values into RRD databases, from which it then generates lots of pretty
graphs on a web page which can actually give you a reasonable insight
into your server's performance in a number of areas. The web server
doesn't have to run on the monitored system either.

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk