[Gllug] Swapping SW RAID 1 disks from PC to Sun

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Tue Aug 10 11:04:46 UTC 2004

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 11:19:23AM +0100, Ian Norton wrote:
> Yep, unless you intend to boot from them of course :-)
>
> setup your raidtab and make a new array of the same arrangement as the old box.
> then plug the disks in and boot,
>
> im sure there is more you need to know, but i guess someone else will point
> that out :-)

Thanks ...  I'm going to try it this afternoon & see how it goes.
Power cut leading to nicely toasted motherboard on my main server,
ouch ...

Rich.

'There is a joke about American engineers and French engineers. The
American team brings a prototype to the French team. The French team's
response is: "Well, it works fine in practice; but how will it hold up
in theory?"'
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk