[Gllug] backup

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Thu Dec 2 19:02:18 UTC 2004

Hi

Julian Parker wrote:

> I have a small PC running FC2, I had previously done backups to
> DLT35/70 but for some reason it now craps out with SCSI errors, this
> did not happen on RH 8.0 or on FC1. To get round this I purchased one
> of these;
> http://www.iomega-europe.com/eu/Products.aspx?productId=HDD160GBNetwork

At the end of the day you're using Linux.  If that's Slackware,
Mandrake, Debian or whatever Redhat is called this week, it's still
Linux based.

Can you be a bit more specific about the SCSI problems other than "craps
out"?    Which kernel?  What errors are you seeing? Which backup
software you you using?

Regards

Mart.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk