[Gllug] ``Confidential'' .sigs [Was: hosts.conf/nsswitch.conf debate]

Jan Minar jjminar at FastMail.FM
Wed Dec 1 10:53:46 UTC 2004

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 10:19:53AM +0000, Doug Winter wrote:
> Wiehe, Simon wrote:
> >Lots of things annoy me and are pointless. Like why do some people's posts,
> >yours included come through as a text attachment to an attached email to
> >the
> >message from glug. I have to open the mail, open the attached mail and then
> >open the attached text document just to read the above.
>
> That's because your mail system is not much copy and doesn't support
> RFC2015.  This is indeed annoying, but you can hardly blame Jan for that.

Not quite.  Your mail system just interprets MIME wrongly, displaying
certain message elements that should be in-lined as attachments.  As You
correctly noted, this is as annoying as hell.  Sadly, there's not much I
can do about it.

Cheers,
--
 )^o-o^|      e-mail : jjminar FastMail FM
 | .v  K      jabber : rdancer at NJS.NetLab.Cz
 `  - .'      phone  : +44(0)7981 738 696
  \ __/Jan    icq    : 345 355 493
 __|o|__Minář irc    : rdancer at IRC.FreeNode.Net