[Gllug] OT: recommend place to buy 17" tft monitor

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Wed Dec 15 12:47:59 UTC 2004

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, adam at thebowery.co.uk said:
> FWIW, I bought a Iiyama vmpro454 19" crt a few years back at 60% of list

That was the first flat-fronted monitor I owned; bought new for ~500
quid seven years ago this week. (Prices have fallen a *long* way since
then!)

> price from dabs "B-Grade" stock, I found the complaints forms from the
> person they had sold it to prior to me in the bottom of the box. They
> had complained about "wavy lines when using excel" it took me about 10

*boggle*

(I never get that problem anyway. Black backgrounds are excellent for
making moire glare and flicker problems vanish. :) )

> seconds to adjust the Moire and convergance settings to get a perfect
> picture. This used to be a common problem in a previous ork-place where
> we only gave people Iiyama monitors but the default settings were *so*
> bad that they made the monitors look awful, but 30 seconds spent
> adjusting the things would make them look absolutely perfect.

The first thing I ever do with them is adjust them; the default settings
are, as you say, horrible.

--
`The sword we forged has turned upon us
 Only now, at the end of all things do we see
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk