[Gllug] [OT] Unlocking Mobile Phone

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Fri Dec 10 07:27:40 UTC 2004

One comment on the bloated cost of UK telephone calls.
My brother pointed me to a useful web site 'www.saynoto0870.com'
- this provides details of underlying 'real' telephone numbers to use
instead of the quoted national-rate numbers.

I note now, for example, that even our local Doctors surgery is using an 0870
number  - so instead of getting a cheap local rate call you end up paying a
national rate.  There MAY be justification for providing 0870 numbers if you
are a national company wanting to give all your customers access at the same
cost;  but not if you are a local operation, I think!

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk