[Gllug] ``Confidential`` .sigs

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Thu Dec 2 12:35:41 UTC 2004

On Thursday, 2 Dec 2004, t.clarke wrote:
>Regrettebaly, we now live in a blame-culture world ("if you have
>suffered from anything, anywhere, anytime contact us and we will sue
>someone" -type adverts everwhere it seems),

The Eye observed, interestingly, that this perception is false;
compensation claims have been relatively static for some years now,
and as we know two of the large ambulance-chaser firms went bust
recently.

... and of course when the CBI complain about Health and Safety
regulations discouraging risk-taking, it's worth remembering that the
people who are to be exposed to the risks are not the people talking.

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> Kill the tomato!
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk