[Gllug] ``Confidential`` .sigs

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Mon Dec 6 14:00:39 UTC 2004

Just to harp on about the Coffee saga:-

It is a well known fact that Coffee needs to be ideally brewed at sub-boiling
temperature, but still well above scald-temperature.  I believe, from my
Central-heating boiler manual that domestic hat water must be 60C or less to
prevent scalding;  at that temperature the brewed coffee would be pretty
disgusing I venture to suggest.  Tea, requires boiling water and hence is never
quite the same when infused up a mountain!

Any sane adult that purchases freshly brewed hot drinks must surely be aware
that spilling it on any part of one's anatomy is likely to result in scalding.
Sticking a paper/plastic cup of hot drink between one's leg is surely inviting
disaster.

I still subscribe to the view that Companies should not be obliged to protect
people from their own stupidity.  I note now that transformer substations now
say 'danger of death' rather than in the old days 'danger - high voltage'  -
are people now so ill-educated that they do not know high voltage can kill
(please no comments about amps vs volts!).

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk