Home support for relatives, was Re: PC World, was Re: [Gllug] SCO Stuff

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Feb 13 00:01:39 UTC 2004

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Ian Northeast moaned:
> And he refuses to use email [...] on the grounds that if he had it
> people would send him email:)

I think this is called the `Knuth Doctrine'.

> One of his friends, also a retired academic, is in the habit of
> sending an email at 8am and then ringing the recipient at 9am to ask
> if he's read it yet.

*sigh*, yes, I have idiots like that at work, only they ring and *then*
they send email and *then* they ring to ask if you've read the email
that they sent because you weren't at your desk to answer the phone.

*gah*

--
`note to the crown prosecution service: Machine guns dont have a
 'stun' setting.' --- mjw
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk