[Gllug] sending mail inside nt-based lan

ben f ben_m_f at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 6 12:08:19 UTC 2004

 --- Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net> wrote: > It's
entirely possible, if they're NT network

Hi Simon,

> admins, that outbound
> port 25 is open from your LAN to the big bad world.

'fraid not!
<snip>

> security risk.  (Long story short, outbound FTP port
> was open, changed
> my home machine to accept ssh on that port.)

Yeah, thought about it, but I'm not +that+ bothered.
It can wait 'till I get home...or I'll tunnel out.

> Doing any of this kind of stuff may be hazardous to
> your employment if
> someone turns out to have a clue.

Agreed!

Well, I got the answer to my original question and
a lot of warnings into the bargain. Thanks to all
who threw in suggestions.

Ben

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk