[Gllug] London Connects

Mamading Ceesay evangineer at ntlworld.com
Fri Feb 13 15:31:25 UTC 2004

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 12:13:33 +0100 (CET)
John Hearns <john.hearns at clustervision.com> wrote:

> Just saw this event on The Reg:
> http://www.govnet.co.uk/egovseminars/open_source.php
>
> Should be of interest to people on GLLUG.
> The Reg was giggling about the Microsoft sponsorship though...

I have serious issues with the fact that it is being chaired by Graham
Taylor of OpenForum Europe.  He was on the wrong side during last year's
debate in the European Parliament on software patents.Amongst other
things, he signed up to the idea of suing programmers whose software
infringed patents.  More info at
http://swpat.ffii.org/letters/ofeu034/index.en.html

When dealing with Microsoft, it is crystal clear to everybody that they
oppose open source.  OpenForum claim to support open source but their
policies and positions are the very opposite of what open source needs
to survive and thrive.

--
Mamading Ceesay - SCO delenda est! - http://www.scocountdown.com
Essential reading for all computer users:
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk