[Gllug] kernel

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Thu Jan 15 10:07:00 UTC 2004

On Wed 14 Jan Murray KDE wrote:
> Specifically, I have a Debian Woody 2.4.18-bf2.4
> kernel, which appears to be lacking the bluetooth
> modules.  Ideally, I'd like exactly what I have now,
> plus the bluetooth bits, and I'm not sure how to
> figure out what the current configuration is - given
> it can down via apt-get.

I'd strongly suggest using one of the debian distributed binary kernels.

I'm running bluetooth on a debian system using the kernel from the
kernel-image-2.4.22-1-686 package, which you can apt-get.  This includes
support for almost everything you will need, compiled as modules.

You get many advantages from using a vendor kernel, especially if you
aren't experienced at building kernels - it can take some considerable
knowledge to know which switches you need to twiddle to work with
certain hardware.

Cheers,

Doug.

--
6973E2CF print 2C95 66AD 1596 37D2 41FC  609F 76C0 A4EC 6973 E2CF
"Like a tramp in the night, I was begging for you"

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk