[Gllug] Resellers - was Hardware IDE RAID

Simon Faulkner simon at titanic.co.uk
Sat Jan 17 18:36:58 UTC 2004

Martin A. Brooks wrote:

> There aren't very many 3ware resellers in the UK.

How many companies die because they choose the wrong resellers?

I've virtually given up on Axis despite the fact that they sell some
fantastic, linux powered, gear because none of their suppliers know the
first damn thing about their products!

I've spoken personally with Dominic Brunning, the UK MD, and asked if I
could resell but no.  Phone the reseller, a massive UK reseller, and
speak to a yound lad who has NEVER even plugged the stuff in.  Ah well :-(

I once saw an advert for a PCI card that plugged into your system and
allowed you to web access it and reboot the server if it was locked.
Could I buy one?  Could I hell.  I called and emailed the UK Office,
with credit card ready, and had to admit defeat after a week or so.

I will try on Monday.

Cheers

Simon
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk