[Gllug] Hardware IDE RAID

Simon Faulkner simon at titanic.co.uk
Sat Jan 17 15:45:03 UTC 2004

> If it is true hardware RAID then it should present only one drive.

Hmmm,  I've checked the setup and both drives are presented.  I would
imagine that proper hardware raid would need no software and would
appear as a single IDE drive.

>I would much rather use the kernel software raid in this case.

Snap.

I've got 2 x 200 Mb disks and a CD Burner

Which disks are best on which controller?

Both IDE drives on on channel and the CD Burner on the other

An IDE Drive as master on each chanel with the CD as HDD?

The CDBurner is only for overnight backup and will not be used much
(most of this is rsynced off site)

Simon

--
Simon Faulkner - Dedicated Programmes