[OT] Re: [Gllug] Surprised...

Pete Ryland pdr at accucard.com
Tue Jan 27 17:36:40 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 04:36:55PM +0000, ben f wrote:
> <snip>
> >
> > Which Coogee?  There's one in Perth and one in
> > Sydney - both beaches!  But
> > for some reason they're pronounced differently. :-)
>
> I have been to Perth but not this beach.

It's close-ish (about 7km) from Fremantle IIRC.

> > I'm guessing you mean the Sydney one, just around
> > the headlands.
>
> That's the one! Lovely - I used to go running along
> the cliff tops towards, IIRC, Bronte.

A nice place to jog indeed, but Bronte is quite a little way north, past
Gordon's Bay, Clovelly Beach and Waverly Cemetery (where a number of famous
Australians are buried), BUT...

> I think this is the path!:
>
> http://coogee-beach.tripod.com/html/imagepages/image5.html

...that image is from Trenerry Reserve on the headland south of Coogee
Beach, looking north, with Wedding Cake Island clearly visible.  There's
some very cool playground equipment just near there too. :-)

More Coogee pictures (taken by Linux geeks) are here:

http://www.vergenet.net/~horms/gallery/clem/coogee_beach.shtml

*Sigh* I lived in the Eastern Suburbs for about 10 years - it was a very
nice place to live.

Happy Australia Day (for yesterday) everyone!

Pete
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk