[Gllug] Recommend an ADSL modem?

Daniel P. Berrange dan at berrange.com
Wed Jan 21 14:55:15 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 02:33:39PM +0000, Richard Jones wrote:
> Hmmm .. I could actually use the Alcatel as a pass-through router
> (provided it doesn't do any nasty filtering - I'll have to check).
>
> Do you find OpenBSD easy to upgrade incrementally?  I was always under
> the impression that the packaging system used on the BSDs (ie.  ports
> & packages) isn't as upgradable as Debian.  There's no way I found to
> do 'apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade' no a regular basis to keep
> up to date.

Would using OpenBSD as your firewall/router really that much
more advantageous than Debian ? For a SoHo environment I can't
help thinking either would be sufficient in which case just go
for Debian with its good package management.

Dan.
--
|=-               http://www.berrange.com/~dan/gpgkey.txt             -=|