[Gllug] experience with fake VAIO USB enclosures

Simon Jakesch simon.jakesch at proxima-tech.com
Mon Jul 19 08:07:18 UTC 2004

Hi,

does anybody have experience with these fake VAIO usb enclosures
(http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3732&item=5710576615&rd=1).
They are really neat (really small and powered from USB only). Did you have any
problems with them when you transfer 1.5gb plus files. I experience a drop in
transferrate and then the kernel throughs "scsi0 (0:0): rejecting I/O to dead
device" erros. This also happens on windows (with an I/O error). I suspect the
chipset to be crap in general since i have tried this with two enclosures now
(so it's not a defect). If no one knows otherwise I suggest to anyone not to buy
them.

bye,
Simon
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk