[Gllug] Request: Differential SCSI

Christian Smith csmith at micromuse.com
Mon Jul 26 17:28:45 UTC 2004

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, Ashley Evans wrote:

>I want to get some RAID vaults up and running. Have found a card for
>25usd in the US, waiting for the owner to get back to me. Would you be
>interested in getting rid of the Sun. I'm always on the look-out for a
>nice bit of (working) non-x86 stuff.

You can have it if you can pick it up (from Wandsworth, SW18.) I think it
has a couple of 4.5G HD, 128MB of RAM, and a couple of 50MHz MBUS modules,
though I haven't powered it up for a while, so I can't remember. It
currently has NetBSD installed, either 1.6.2 or more probably a pre-2.0
-current snapshot with an MP kernel.

There's also a HP 700/735 which I've not powered on, but I assume is
working. It probably has HP-UX 10.20 installed, could be 10.10. Probably
64 or 128MB of RAM, and 2x2G disk. Funnily enough, these appear to be HVD
drives, so the 735 looks like it has HVD interface built in:) Strangely,
you'll need a cable from the M/Board to the disks even though they're in
the same chassis. A quick search on www.openpa.org confirms that the 735
does indeed have HVD SCSI. I try checking the working status if you're
interested.

Both were skip fodder at work but I was given the chance of rescuing them.
I was hoping to make use of them, but I have enough SPARCs, and haven't
had time to play with the HP box.

--
    /"\
    / \