[Gllug] Trapping VC swapping

Jack Richards jack at gnu-solutions.com
Thu Jul 15 18:42:00 UTC 2004

I have a buggy i815 card ( its VBE is functionally challenged ) and when I
switch Virtual Console from X to say VC1 I get a screen corruption.  This is
fixed by running fbset -n 640x480-60 ( for example ), but I have to log in
blind and type this with the screen corrupted.

I would like to trap a VC switch signal and execute the command
automatically.  Does anybody know if this can be done in userland ?.  Its too
generic to add to a kernel so I'd rather not do that

Help apreciated

Jack
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk