[Gllug] SpaceShipOne launch

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 21 20:44:44 UTC 2004

On Mon 21 Jun, Ashley Evans wrote:

> I'm disgusted, though not surprised to find "Operating system not
> supported"on the free video section os the msnbc story on SpaceShipOne.
>
> This is just another reason to back up my view that companies should be
> regulated in such a way that they are only allowed to enter one area of
> business.

   It's not that easy, many investors hedge their bets by taking shares in
many alternatives, and that includes companies buying some (or all of the)
shares in the opposition as an insurance policy, and then possibly deciding
that the competitor's product is so much better that it should be killed
off.
   There can be a situation in which no single person owns anything like a
majority of any company, but the same small group of friends and associates
have a controlling stake in many companies.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk