[Gllug] Cellular data cards

Murray gllug at minty.org
Fri Jun 11 18:14:59 UTC 2004

I have a bluetooth pcmcia card, which works a treat.  But it's bloody
expensive - international gprs roaming is about 10 quid per MB min.

Had to apt-get a newer kernel than came with woody.

You may find that and a bluetooth phone is cheaper and a lot more
flexible than the card...

For instance, potentially, if you can pick up a local pay-as-you-go sim
card in germay, and your phone isn't locked, you can then use the local
gprs, which should be a lot cheaper.

Personally, after faffing with it no end, I found internet cafes a much
easier option.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk