[Gllug] london's oldest wintel

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Tue Jun 15 13:08:18 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 02:59:02PM +0100, Ian Norton wrote:
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/06/15/kinitron_old_pc/
>
> I think if it didnt exclude linux/unix boxes then the prize would probably go
> to someone using a sparc IPC or somthing else exotic as a full time DNS  :-)
>
> my best guess is someone will proclame thier p200 running win98 to be the
> oldest pc in london  :-P

My dad was running a Spectrum[1] as a record keeping system until
relatively recently.  It had an Opus floppy drive (not the Opus
Discovery 1).  Ran pretty well too, although it used to have trouble
not crashing in hot weather.

Rich.

[1] 128 model too, quite rare.

PTHRLIB is a library for writing small, efficient and fast servers in C.
HTTP, CGI, DBI, lightweight threads: http://www.annexia.org/freeware/pthrlib/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk