[Gllug] Request for help.

Sharon Kimble sharon63 at lineone.net
Tue Mar 2 13:32:03 UTC 2004

I've recently joined the group because I know virtually nothing about
Linux, but am still using it [sometimes a dangerous combination :) ].

My system is White Box Enterprise Linux 3.0 [essentially the open-source
variant of RHEL3] with an athlon xp 1800+, 1gig ram and 240gig h/d. I
have a broadband connection going through a Netgear ADSL firewall router
DG834 [its a combined modem/firewall/router] which is a lovely beastie
but a right swine if I want to dcc a document to a friend whilst on IRC,
or again run my eggdrop bot on IRC [dcc chat problems again].

I'm now in the situation of wanting to send a fax to someone, and
possibly getting a faxed reply from them [although I don't know how its
going to get through the firewall]. Netgear have told me "If the faxes
you are attempting to send are being transferred with TCP/IP then yes
this unit will work fine." So does anyone know of a fax program that I
can compile onto my box, that uses a GUI and TCP/IP please? I've
searched on Google Linux [http://www.google.co.uk/linux] but I don't
think that I was using the right keywords, or I didn't understand the
replies that it gave.

Can anyone help me please?

Sharon.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk