[Gllug] anyone know a source for 3.5" DSDD floppy disks?

Henrik Morsing henrik at morsing.cc
Mon Mar 22 15:24:33 UTC 2004

>> > Besides, if you want to copy an SSH key across, why not just use SCP?
>>
>> BUT HOW CAN YOU DO THIS WHEN THE KEYS AREN'T INSTALLED!!!
>
> Using password authentication?

I don't think people here understand what it means to work on secure systems!

No, you don't use password authentication.
No, you don't open xterms on the servers and cope&paste
No, X libraries, NFS libraries, etc aren't installed
No, you don't just install this or that to do what you wan't

Yes, all installations are regularly audited and must conform to the
security standards. All servers have software removed due to this.

Yes, there are firewalls every where so you can't just send an email out.
And emailing software wouldn't even be installed.

I even work on servers that are not allowed any access at all to our
networks. When a new user is needed, a CD with keys on it is couriered to
us to install on these servers.

Henrik Morsing
henrik at morsing.cc
---