[Gllug] diald and gprs

lists lists at bigpip.com
Tue Mar 16 12:32:03 UTC 2004

gllug-bounces at gllug.org.uk wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 11:44:44PM +0000, lists wrote:
>> I can't get diald working with gprs. Is there any reason that it
>> wouldn't use the same chat scripts as wvdial? I can get wvdial to
>> connect over gprs and I can get diald to dial using a modem. But
>> can't get diald to use/dev/ttyUSB0 -- it replies "Can't get terminal
>> parameters: No such device" every time.
>>
>> mandrake 9.2
>> ppp-2.4.1-12mdk
>> diald-1.0-4mdk
>> sonyerricsson T68 connected via usb
>
> Hmm.. I didn't realise Sony had a hand in the T68.  Anyway, it may
> have a PC-connect/modem setting like my phone does.  If it's on the
> PC-connect setting, it will give you an error like the above.

Thanks, I'll check that, though it works fine when I use wvdial to drive the
chat script... Does wvdial do something to access the device that diald
doesn't do?

by the way, while Im here, does anyone have a working init string for an
intel 536ep winmodem? Before I toss the thing out the window.

Thanks, Julian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk