[Gllug] debian - crash during upgrade

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Sat May 1 16:22:24 UTC 2004

Sean Burlington wrote:
> Hi all,
>     I am having trouble with my Debian (testing) system ...
>
> It crashed while upgrading - and is now in an inconsistent state

[snip]

> the file /var/lib/dpkg/info/gocr.list is truncated
>
> How do I correct this ?
> (this file doesn't seem to be a part of the .deb package)

I have solved this myself  - posting for the sake of the archive ...

it seems that the list file is the same list that can be obtained from

http://packages.debian.org/testing/graphics/gocr

(see [list of files])

or by downloading the .deb

and running

dpkg-deb   --contents gocr_0.39-1_i386.deb

both these lists require a little reformatting

I also had problems with corrupted control files which can be restored

dpkg-deb  --control  gocr_0.39-1_i386.deb tmp

(and then copied to the right place)

--

Sean

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk